Our permanent exhibition features our outstanding collection of objects connected to:
• The expansion of the Moravian community through missionary service in Europe, the New World, Africa,
• The establishment of the 18th-century Pennsylvania settlements of Nazareth, Bethlehem, and Lititz, as well
as the Salem settlement in North Carolina
• The significance of music and education in the
• Exquisite Native American, African, South American and Caribbean Island artifacts.
• 6 oil paintings by John Valentine Haidt (1700-1780),
the first artist in Colonial America to portray chiefly religious topics.
• The Antes violin: the earliest-known violin made
in the American Colonies.
• A 1776 pipe organ made by David Tannenberg, the
most important organ-builder of his time.
• A rare 18th-century rifle made by Andres Albrecht at the Moravian settlement of Christian Springs.
These items are shown together with textiles, furniture, photographs, maps, guns, tile and iron stoves, caseclocks, and much, much more!.
Please excuse our dust as our new changing exhibition is currently being installed.
Visit us today to enjoy these popular exhibitions!