Established in 1857, the Moravian Historical Society is the third oldest historical society in the state of Pennsylvania. Our mission is to present the story of the Moravian Church and its contributions to American history and culture.
The Society is affiliated with the Moravian Archives in Bethlehem, Pa. This affiliation will help both organizations to create a more complete picture of Moravian history and to present that history in new and better ways.
We are proud to be a Preserve America Stewards Presidential Award winner, a Blue Star Museum, and a partner with National Geographic Magazine's Delaware River geotourisim project.
The Society is housed in the 1740 Whitefield House
on the historic Ephrata Tract in downtown Nazareth, Pennsylvania, please contact us at:
214 East Center Street
Nazareth, Pa 18064
More detailed information about the Society may be found in our 2015 - 2016 Annual Report, our institutional By-laws, our Constitution, and/or our Standing Rules.